Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2012 - The Big Picture

Oh my goodness, I've been away for a long time. Who thought that writing a book would take up so much time?  I'm not going to go on to much about it here as you can read all the updates on my author blog www.anaccidentalauthor.blogspot.com. Instead I'm just going to do a brief resumé of 2012 in pictures.

At the beginning of the 2012, I got the first hints that I might have actually written something worth reading when La Vie en Rosé briefly hit the top spot on Authonomy.

(see, I can't help myself!) It was certainly much more readable than the poem I wrote when I was 8 about a potato being made into a chip. I probably deserved some sort of low level psychiatric treatment for that one.

Spring in Stockton was beautiful....


And on the May Bank Holiday we had the amazing Vintage Nostagia Show


We walked home in the dark under a starry night (we have no street lights here) feeling the heat coming off the lane. If only we had realised that that was our summer!

But we often joke that the sun always shines in Stockton and it certainly did when we had our Jubilee weekend village rounders match...

...and our fantabulous street party...


Olympics...


And Fun Dog Show


We bought some piglets...





...which grew big and fat...




...so (vegetarians look away now) we ate them...



Summer was spent on various riverbanks, watching The Boy rowing. This particular one was on Lord Margadale's estate in Fonthill Bishop. And the sun shone again.


The Boy had his Prom and was voted Prom King.


We had our very own village music festival, Stockfest...


and rounded the summer off with a weekend of live music at our village pub ...

...with the obligatory air guitar and imaginary saxophone!

It was a year for meeting up with old friends

And learning to play the ukulele




We expanded the menagerie with a puppy who is one part dog and three parts kangaroo...


And grew to be the size of a small carthorse with some very unpleasant habits..


... and is definitely not a 'handbag' dog, unless you have a very big handbag.


In the autumn I got a book deal...

And Stockton was just as beautiful...


We kickstarted the holiday season with our fantastic Supper and Auction, Stockfestive (do you see a pattern here?)


Christmas was spent with friends, old...


... and new

And we saw in the New Year in 1970s style...


So that was 2012. I'll be back soon with lots of exciting product reviews, book reviews and anything else that takes my fancy. Happy New Year to you all xx



8 comments:

VEG said...

I very much enjoyed that, ladyfriend! And yay for the book deal, well done on that. I like to imagine you sitting in a leather chair in an old, quaint, English study that smells of furniture polish and intelligence, toiling away at your masterpiece while sipping a nice Merlot.

Or in your PJs sipping a cup of tea, whatever blows your hair back!

In other questions, the kids have proms now in the UK? Well!

the fly in the web said...

What a suoer year you've had....didn't you do the right thing in leaving France!

Wylye Girl said...

Veggie! You're still here! Last time I checked in you hadn't posted for a long while. I thought you may have become a victim of one of your own vegetables. The PJs and tea is a bit more like it plus a handful of cookies and a rapidly expanding arse!

Proms, oh yes, all those great North American traditions eventually make their way over here.

Wylye Girl said...

Fly, oh yes indeedy. No regrets, especially today when they are blanketed in thick snow and I'm sitting here in the sunshine!

Sarah said...

I must say, you had more sunshine than I thought you would have as it seems it rained all the time last year.

Let's hope 2013 will be as eventful and fun as 2012!

Iota said...

Great year, great photos!

Wylye Girl said...

Sarah, what is it they say? The sun always shines on the righteous? Well. we must be very righteous! We were fantastically lucky with all our village events and had fantastic weather. The weekend of our street party we had torrential rain either side of our chosen day, in fact, most of the local events were cancelled due to rain.

Wylye Girl said...

Thanks Iota, it was a great year for many reasons

Post a Comment

It's always nice to have comments but don't forget to play nicely!