Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm a twit!

Well, I've gone and done it.  What? I hear you ask, mentally listing any number of faux pas, DIY disasters and general cockups I could have made, based on past experience. Another sewage pipe perhaps? Or maybe I caught the other nipple in a pair of pliers? Flooded the house? Used inappropriate language at inappropriate times? Sold my children on eBay (now that is tempting sometimes)? Set fire to the kitchen maybe?

No, it's none of the above. Always one to embrace new technology a good few years after it's invented, I've joined Twitter.  I'm not sure why. In fact, I'm not even sure how to use it and, damn and blast, my Twitter Girl is on a sleepover so she can't even give me a quick tutorial.  Still, I remember my first trip down the information superhighway. Got lost somewhere around Watford Gap, Asked Jeeves and eventually found my way around without the aid of a sitemap.

Give me a few years, by which time we'll probably be communicating by telepathetic thought waves, and I'll have cracked it. I've been through all my favourite bloggers and stalked, sorry followed, those who have a Twitter button and I even have my first follower. Thanks Steve!  That probably makes me officially the saddest person on Twitter today but we all have to start somewhere.  If you've got Twitter and you want to Twat, err, Tweet me my hashtag (oooh, get me eh?) is @MelRiverCottage.  I'm hoping to forego the old 'my dog just ate a courgette' type of tweet and fill your days with my usual brand of learned musings and intellectual humour (What? Oh sorry, that wasn't me apparently) and all in less than 140 characters!

Twitter me up!

Just click on that button on the  right

6 comments:

Steve said...

Madam, 'tis an honour to be your first. You never forget your first or so I am reliably told.

;-)

Wylye Girl said...

Steve, well you are the 'other man' in my life so it's only right that you should be first :)

There should have been a link to your blog in the post, I mean, you should get something for being my first, but I forgot it. I've put it right now.

Steve said...

Aw thanks. Now I don't feel half so cheap.

;-)

Perpetua said...

You're a braver woman than I, Wylye Girl. Not having a smartphone with which to tweet, I daren't join Twitter or I might never leave my computer chair again :-)

Wylye Girl said...

Perpetua, for the moment I haven't set it up on my trusty BlackBerry but I must soon. I mean, who want's SocialMediaAddict's bum, a strange affliction characterised by an ever spreading rear end!

VEG said...

....I did it too. A couple of months ago. I am so ashamed. I haven't used it much and I log in infrequently but hey. I'm PLANNING on being oh so witty soon honest. So if you want another follower let me know! :) SaladMurderer. That be me.

Post a Comment

It's always nice to have comments but don't forget to play nicely!